I've always loved the process of making games. From back when I used to live in Leeds, having a developer live with me was the best thing to ever happen to my curiosity.
It also helped that at the time I was friends with the guys at Rockstar Leeds and spent a bunch of my time commuting home with them.
Since then though, I've only been able to work on games from a design perspective. Either designing how the games work, or creating assets for these games. But none of them ever got past their opening phase, it seemed to always be
- Get an idea
- Draw up concepts
- Get excited about it
- Project gets put on hold
I've technically started 5 games, but none of them have ever been playable.
- The knight before - Fast paced running game with triggers
- Dao - Complex board game based on Chinese game of the same name
- Edward Grimm - Pokémon style game based on fairy tales
- Pleasance - Wild west metroidvainia in space
- PirJS - This one is still in development, it’s sort of a RTS game, but not quite.
Each game radically different from the last, but each never quite completed.
To put an end to this streak, I thought I'd put myself in the driving seat and build my own game.
This is that story.